Saturday, November 12, 2011

Nails of the Week & The Revealing Of Last Week's Polishes!






This gorgeous green festive polish is Zoya in the shade "Holly." If you've watched my latest Birchbox video, then you would know it was included in my November Birchbox, so obviously I was super excited, so I had to try it out. This polish does have a significant amount of sparkle to it, but don't be surprised by the photo, it only is very noticeable in the light (or the obvious flash of the camera) so your nails won't look like a disco ball 24/7. Excuse the photo, I didn't clean up around my nails until after I took the picture. 

But let's talk about last week's Nails of the Week in case you missed it. I didn't share what type of polishes I used to create this funky blue/purple look, because I was conducting a little experiment, but now I'll reveal them to you...




These are the shades "Teal" and "Purple" by the brand NK. These polishes were very affordable (Only $1 at my local dollar store). I wanted to see how such cheap polish would hold up, since I am all about beauty on a budget, I thought this would be a fun experiment. These polishes did not start significantly chipping until about day 8. I decided to wear these polishes for 10 days to give them a maximum run, hence why this NOTW is so postponed.

I was pleasantly surprised with how well they held up, I also purchase the NK nail enamel top coat and used that, rather than OPI's top coat. The top coat made my nails very shiny, and these polishes surprisingly dried very quickly. I bought quite a few shades in these polishes, because I figured, at the very least, they would be nice bright colors to use for nail art designs if anything. 

So, there you have it. You don't need to spend $18 on a MAC nail polish or even $10 on an OPI polish to achieve results. Hell, no one will even know what type of nail polish you've got on. If you don't have a lot of money to spend on beauty products, then don't feel bad for buying cheaper. The products often work the same, or very similar. =)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous nailpolishes! :)

    www.kingline18.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...